Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Once we dreamt that we were strangers. We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.

Chinese sayings and general ways of expression are so much different from the culture I know of.  It is as though everyone is embraced by these wise words of which some  probably has been passed on for generations and some from nowadays.

In the NGO and volunteer society the general idea is to take care of those who are lesser fortunate in life or who is challenged in different ways. So the kindness and appreciation for those who work within this area are doubled. Everywhere my CSC colleagues and I have been here in Xi'an with all the different kind of groups of people we have met, we have been presented with this very deep felt attitude of kindness because we are here to help others. That makes me feel very proud of my company, my CSC colleagues and our international organization who has sent us here!

In the last couple of days we have done more interviews and are starting to have a more and more clear picture of the challenges our client is facing. The data gathering is almost done and we are working on the issues and hypotheses so that we can present our first shot of suggestions for solutions by the end of the week.
I went for a walk today after work and along the roads there are many small shops and restaurants out in the open. The food here is so good, nothing like the Chinese food that is sold in Denmark - much more delicious and very much cheaper. For example today at lunch I had a meal in the street with vegetables, rice and meat for only 10 yuan which is approximately 12 DKK.
The picture below shows what you can also buy in the streets


Anyone for a goat?













Although I think that I have never been photographed so much per day in my entire life, strangely enough I do not have pictures from the last couple of working days, in stead I have added a few from our trip to the Terracotta Warrior museum.
#ibmcsc china30
Abhay trying to catch the noodles with chop sticks - a challenge for nearly all in the team.




The largest exhibition of the terracotta warriors

Well, that's me with some of the warriors

High ranking officer

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Marianne. I am getting better at using the chopsticks...I think all of us are getting better at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will never use anything else :-)

    ReplyDelete